Project „CONTRIBUTION TO IMPLEMENTATION OF GENDER EQUALITY LAW BIH THROUGH STRENGTHENING MUNICIPAL COMMISSIONS FOR GENDER EQUALITY“
Period: November 2006. -June 2007
Donor: CARE International NWB
Overall project objective: Contribution to effective implementation of Gender Equality Law BiH through strengthening local gender commissions.
- to strengthen / educate members of municipal commissions for gender equality and women’s groups in three selected municipalities in Tuzla Canton for their active involvement in the implementation of the Gender Equality Law.
- support for the creation of network of municipal commissions for gender equality and women’s groups
- raising public awareness on gender equality in BiH and its importance through media presentations and brochures distribution.
- commission for gender equality in three (3) targeted Municipalities in Tuzla canton (Živinice, Lukavac and Kalesija);
- Women groups and organizations in Tuzla canton (Živinice, Lukavac, Kalesija and Tuzla).
- workshop 1 “Gender equality”
- workshop 2: “Creation of action plan of local Commissions for gender equality and work on concrete problem related to Gender Equality Law”
- round table 1: Presentation of the Action plan made by local Commissions for gender equality and discussion about the ways of its realization”
- round table 2: The importance of cooperation between local Commissions for gender equality and institutional mechanisms for gender equality in BiH, women organisations, governmental and non-governmental organisations/institutions”
- round table 3: Possibilities and ways for networking of local commissions for gender equality – concrete recommendations”.