Project “CONTRIBUTION TO PROMOTION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF GENDER EQUALITY LAW BIH WITH THE AIM OF IMPROVING WOMEN’S POSITION IN LOCAL COMMUNITY”
Period: February – June 2006
Donor: CARE International NWB
Overall project objective: to strengthen the capacities of local authorities and institutions in the field of promotion and implementation of the Gender Equality Law BiH through experience sharing and discussion about Gender Equality Law BiH.
- improving information and communication on issues of gender equality between / within local authorities / institutions
- defining the concrete suggestions for the ways of cooperation between institutions of local government in promoting and implementing the Gender Equality Law BiH
- defining the specific problems and needs of women related to implementation of Gender Equality Law in local community.
Representatives of local authorities and institutions (Municipality of Tuzla, Commission for gender equality in Tuzla Municipality, Commission for gender equality of Tuzla Canton, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Tuzla Canton, Ministry of work and social affairs of Tuzla Canton, representatives of local communities, women from local communities
- workshop “Gender equality / Gender Equality Law BiH
- workshop “Activism and motivation – creation of action plan”
- round table “Gender Equality Law BiH in theory and practice”
- round table “ Gender Equality Law – discrimination and gender-based violence”
- round table “Gender Equality Law – cooperation and ways for its promotion and implementation”.